Thursday 18 December 2014

Plasma Bitches!

Finally got to doing the 3 plasma guns in the Tac squad (Sgt. Raphael's pistol, plasma canon and a plasma gun). I've made the casings black rather than the usual red and I really don't like the usual Dark Angel's red casings.


Piss easy and loadsa fun :) Drybrushing a plasma glow on the coils(?) really makes a huge difference and looks fucksmart on the fig! Quick n simple to do, well worth it. Added a little surrrounding drybrush as well to bring out the glow effect.
Paints used: black primer based with Altdorf Guard Blue, then shaded with Drakenhof Nightshade. Dry brushed highlights with Caledor Sky (I think) mixed with a bit more each time of white. Finally gave them a light watered glaze with Drak. Night. to soften the glow and tone down the 'powdery' effect. When I (eventually) paint Raph's head, I give the right side a little touch of blue glow as well I reckon. Nothing too severe, just a touch ㅋ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment