Tuesday 9 December 2014

Finally getting m'paint on

Crazy busy weekend; unexpected visit by some of the future in-laws, dinner party till the wee hours and a ton of work to be getting done for work meant I barely got started on the first squad I'm gonna paint from my new DV box. There are loads of good tutorials lucking about. Some really good, some basic and a few......
After reading a few and checking out some the colour/paint schemes out there - decided on tackling the Dark Angels Tactical Squad first. Managed to get them trimmed and spray primed black on Saturday but nowt much else until today. I've finally decided on a scheme so today got them fully base coated. I want a really dark green scheme. A lot of other painters (the GW versions too) have used a very bright yellowy green for the final highlights. Not going that way as they end up looking more Salamander than DA. So hoping to avoid that when the time comes. Also not going the way of using red for the bolter and plasma guns' casings. Just not a fan. They end up being a bit 'festive'.  The emperor's finest are not known for delivering Christmas presents to all the little boys n girls!
Anyways, I base coated them with 2 coats of caliban green thinned down with a few drops of water and a few drops of retarder medium to give a nice smooth even coat. I painted the power packs separately for the first coat and then attached them before applying the second. I'll attach the weapons later after doing the chest aquilas. I've base coated the whole squad but after the wash, think I'll split the squad and paint them in 2 sets of 5.........maybe ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Squad Raphael
Vet. Sgt. Raphael
 Not the best of photos but you get the general idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment